What’s a mountain climber mentality in the first place?
when climbing a mountain you first have to decide on what mountain you have to climb, carefully plan the climb and then begin the task, when climbing you have to stay lean, carry less luggage, invest in physical and mental health rather than material possessions, needs rather than wants.
At milestones its ok for you to celebrate how far you have come, have a rest and get yourself a treat but it’s important to be careful not to get complacent and settle there, the climb has to continue! You have to keep your eyes on the prize which is to get to the top, because when you get to the top it will be totally worth it.
After the climb what next? Well, find another mountain, if you keep at it long enough you will one day look back and find that you have become a great man, an achiever.
In real life this means..?
Setting life goal(s), planning how to achieve them and then striving to achieve it, it means constantly investing in your health, education, business and career, keeping a lean budget, few important luxuries but many more targeted and well planned expenditures, investments for needs now and in the future.
Keep at it over and over again and then one day you will look back and find that you have achieved so much over the years, you have amassed wealth, kept good health, have truly become great and achieved more than you could ever have dreamed you would achieve.
Advantages of a mountain climber mentality
- A mountain climber mentality helps you to be disciplined in your spending, because you are forced to think carefully of the benefits of any expenditure before making it.
- A mountain climber mentality helps gives your a direction, a focus
- A mountain climber mentality helps you to get richer because as you achieve more, you earn more.
- A mountain climber mentality helps rise above your peers because your focus is not to compete with your peers but to achieve goals you have set for yourself.
- A mountain climber mentality helps you to become wealthier because the returns from investments will always be giving back.
- A mountain climber mentality helps you to be wise because when your others are wasting time and money extravagantly you are focused on achieving more and more
- A mountain climber mentality helps you to stay sharp and make good use of your time, because you need to constantly think of ways to achieve your goals
Yeah, yeah I know my writing above is not exactly technical, but I believe a more focused, physically and mentally healthy pro is a better I.T pro.
p.s Happy independence Nigeria!!