As far as I can tell from check here and here, its not so bad, these are the following things to note.
- Microsoft is trying to make the Dynamics CRM API more interoperable to allow for more access by mobile devices and other non Microsoft service consumers.
- In order to achieve the above, a new endpoint has been created called the WEB API end point, it appears in Dynamics 365 in place of the old ODATA end point
- The new web API end point still uses the ODATA format but with slight modifications to the syntax.
- The crm 2011 end point has been deprecated, meaning its advised to NOT be used anymore, however is still available to consumers.
- The old endpoint will be available for while, probably to give consumers time to make any necessary updates.
- The end game by Microsoft is for the retirement of the other endpoints (CRM 2011 SOAP and REST) endpoints in favour of the new WEB API endpoint.
so what should you do?
- If you are using the SDK or some other Library for REST or SOAP calls to CRM then getting the latest version of the library should solve the problem.
- However it is important to confirm that the library above has been updated to use the WEB API end point and your code also has any necessary changes recommended by the library author.
- if you made direct calls to the CRM 2011 REST or SOAP endpoints then you should update them asap.